The green philosophy of the San Marco Hotel in Cattolica
Your holiday is Earth friendly
It is important to take care of the things we love. We deeply love our planet Earth, because it gives us many of the most beautiful things that exist.
To reciprocate, we are doing our best to make the San Marco a more sustainable hotel.
- Our electric energy only comes from renewable sources
- Thanks to solar panels we create a renewable source of energy
- 80% of our lightning is low energy consumption
- Our take-away packaging is made of organic and recyclable material
- Zero plastic: water bottles are made of glass or bio-degradable material
- We choose suppliers that are committed to use less packaging
- The courtesy sets you find in the rooms have a paper packaging or are refillable
- We have reduced meat consumption. Thanks to our new format, to a more careful consumption estimate and to the choice of more fish and vegetable dishes, the consumption of meat has decreased by 15%
- We use as much seasonal and local produce as possible
- Seasonal vegetables are mainly organic and local: our trusted greengrocer grows them in Cattolica countryside and has been awarded the organic agriculture certification
- At the end of every guests’ holiday, we plant a cocoa tree in our company forest in Cameroon thanks to a project in collaboration with Treedom
- We adopted a beehive in Emilia Romagna, with 10.100 bees!
great hotel, staff are brilliant, friendly and helpful. lovely clean room, plenty of choice for breakfast, love the coffee machine, lust wish the pool was heated!